Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Trusting the Father's heart...

Had a good dinner with my Braveheart... Love the evening! All the stoning and slow walking from office to interchange. haha!

Tonight is one of the nights where I have nothing on and I'm really glad because I get to come home early - though I knocked off much later than usual. :( - and just spend time at home, with mum, practise piano (if I have time) before lesson tomorrow.... :)

Anyway, I was eating with my Braveheart at interchange then I saw this uncle on a really cool... I don't know what is that man! It's like a mini scooter that you can use on pavement? hahaha. Anyway, I saw him struggling to read what's written on the different sign boards. I observed him for quite some time and looking at the wonders of the world before I decided to walk up to him. But as I move forward, he moved forward too >.< that to say, he went out of sight as well...

So I doubled my steps to see where he was, and *tah tah!* he's now at the hawker center! Looking at all the different sign boards again....

I went up to him and asked, "Uncle, you want to eat?" and he said, "No." and my immediate respond was, "Ok" and I walked off without even looking back.

This is the second time I got rejected when I offered to help - at the same vicinity as well! And for both times my response were exactly the same! And I was just talking to Braveheart and wondering how come I have such response? The distaste of rejection? haha.

Then the below came to mind...

Last Friday as I was at the dental...

Dentist: You are quite a giggly girl. You must be popular...
Me: *with mouth wide open* -= no comments =- like as if I had the chance to say anything... haha!

And I talked to my Braveheart about this popularity thingy and I said, "I don't think I'll bother to be popular." "I think I would only want to be loved."... And the following unfold (not in sequence though. Many things seemed to be touched on in the short walk with Him)....

Many times we mistake popularity as the measure of being loved. We mistake given attention to as being loved. We equate being given time to as being loved. Yes, these are by-products of love but it is not the core of love...

In all our hearts, we want love, we want to be loved - just as we are.

I really love when Pastor Prince shared Matthew 15:21-28, about why Jesus initially did not respond when the Syro-Phoenician woman pretended to be a Jew - because if He were to do so, she would not have experienced Grace; she would not have known that she is loved as she is...

Case in point - if I were to pretend to be someone else and I am loved, I would never know/ feel that I am truly loved and I would always be afraid to reveal my true self. But when I am loved despite and inspite of myself, I AM LOVED!

Yah, and as I was still talking to Braveheart, I was reminded again that God is Love.

And as I was waiting for bus, I thought, "Hmm... I would rather be truly loved by a few than just being popular." And I realised that sometimes for the sake of popularity or basically being liked by many, we compromise.

And I was reminded how Jesus was being rejected again and again. So, how did He bear all these?? Is there something that we are missing out in the midst of all these popularity contest in our own hearts?

I believe that the Father's love must have been really real in His heart. The first words that were spoken to Him when He came out of River Jordan - ...“This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:17)

I believe that because He knew really well that He is so accepted by Daddy God, it didn't really matter that He was rejected. Not that He was not hurt - He wept when Israel rejected Him. He knew mankind would reject Him, still He took the cross - yes, for a purpose greater than Himself, He went ahead but what propelled it all? Could it be that Love personified is telling us that, "rejection can't pin Me down because I feed upon the unending and everlasting LOVE of the Father?"

And you know what? In line with how we compromise at times to be liked by many, I was reminded of the all popular verse (at least popular to me. haha!)...

Proverbs 29:25 (NKJV)
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.

Opposite of verse 25a, the love of man sets one free... And we have the love of the one MAN, the true Man!

1 John 4:9-10
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.... And I was reminded again of the chinese word of trust/ believe - 信, which is made up of 2 words - 人 (man) and 言 (word)...

Which reminded me of Romans 10:14 - How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

We believe because of the man who preach the Word of God...

Pastor Prince, thanks for showing us always, the heart of Daddy God! :)

Keep sharing the love of Jesus.... Unconditional and unearned... :)

Sorry, just have to slot the below verse in... Saw it as I was searching for Matthew 3:17 on biblegateway. heh... Another verse that mentioned both Jesus being beloved and us not being afraid...

Matthew 17:5-7 (NKJV)
5 ... and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.”


Truly, YOUR Love has set me on higher grounds.... :)


Having loads of fun! ;)