Saturday, May 10, 2008

Reflectors of God

It's weekend again - my rest time and my blogging time! haha.

This week has been quite a week for me. Felt like tough? Yes it did. But still alive? Yes of course because God is still in the house. haha.

Psalm 57:2-3
2 I will cry out to God Most High, to God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

Lessons learnt this week...
1. It would come a point in time where the word of men doesn't matter any more.

No, not because I'm there already but because my soul needs comfort deeper than just words from man. LORD, You are my comfort and my hope. There are much in my heart that my words can't express but LORD, You know it well and let the Spirit pray for me, through me. Holy Spirit, take over. The times of refreshment is here... :)

2. Oh yah. Another lesson learnt is that there's much power in what I (you) share.

That which you believe, or you caught in service, share it and it would drop even deeper into your heart! There's so much power. And this is what I have experienced personally. Things that I caught during service and shared with others, those are the parts of the Word preached that are often very fresh in my memory.

Even the little you know, don't be afraid to share because when your heart is to let Jesus be magnified (and that you do when you share the Word - who is Jesus Himself (John 1:14, Revelation 19:13)), more would be given. Be of good cheer because one word from God is enough to change a man's life. Don't despise it. :D We all start somewhere don't we. :)

Anyway I'm here to share something what Papa showed me after I came back from Lanta and some parts when I was in Lanta. :)

When we were at Lanta, I was just thinking about how different each of us are. And I was just talking to Abba about how I am so different from one of them and I know I can't be her because I'm made the way I am. Then Daddy God challenged me and said, "Babe, if you think that she's extravagant, do you believe that I can be more extravagant than that?" haha. I like it when He challenges me and my finite mind to see Him as He is - much bigger than what I think He is. haha.

haha. And there I was, smiling to myself. Almost wanting to laugh out at how drama and lame my Abba can be. I never thought that Daddy could be lame till sam introduced that to me. haha. So yeap. It's so cool to me. And that sparked off a sharing I had with a sister 2 weeks after we returned. :D

During that week I was thinking about being myself and I came across esther's blog that was introducing this link... Just Wanting to Be Known.

One part that caught me was:-

It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.

... Said by CS Lewis

It's cool right?! But in my mind I always had a question, before God gave me the revelation of His bigness (Is there such a word? haha. anyway....). And my question was (please pardon my finite mind k) "If you spend time w God, I spend time w God, wouldn't we all be like God? In other words, wouldn't we all be the same? Where is the uniqueness then?".

And as I was sharing with the sister, I saw it! We are all reflectors of Christ. What does it mean to be reflectors of Christ? We reflect Christ! haha. And Christ is SOOOOO BIG! And each of us reflect a part of God. It's the same God but He's altogether lovely. He's both strong yet meek. He's majestic yet detailed. He flung the stars into the sky yet He's also the one who binds up the wounds. He's big yet He's small. Therefore when we see that very personality that we love about someone else - humorous, courageous, etc, know that YOUR DaddyGod is like that and MUCH MORE. :D

And never compare thinking you are less because you might not be someone who likes to be in the frontline, or you prefer to be quiet than to talk. It's alright leh. If you enjoy being that then go ahead lah. I think many times, it's your enjoyment that Daddy is more interested in. Because at the end of the day, can you smile and say, "I have lived my life."? You have only one life on earth. Don't waste it living someone else's life. :)

Okay... One life, live it. Don't just survive. :)

Time to sleep ZzzZzzz... haha. Good night and Good day. This is the day the LORD has made, I WILL rejoice and be GLAD in it. :D

YOU ARE LOVED.

I AM VERY LOVED. haha. I know I need it lah. lols.