Sunday, February 11, 2007

He offered up Himself

haha. Not sure what to put for title but yeap. That verse caught my eye. :))

Wasn't feeling too cool these few days and especially today but praise God at least I know what happened. haha. I was worrying. lols.

And today I see and realised what pastor preached about worrying is so true/real. Like many times when a quarrel happens between husband and wife (not for my case though. haha.) it's often not because there's really a problem but because one of the hearts is cluttered with worries.

And yes, my dad got it. I didn't quarrel with him but I just refused to be nice to him. lols. Nearly quarrelled with my mum over some matter but decided to just shut my mouth after awhile. heh heh.

Anyway, enough said. haha. Decided to let Jesus wash wash my feet by His Word, by His Spirit. :))

I love what pastor preached today. Would just share something simple that I caught and realised. In Your light, we see light. :))

Romans 4:13-15
13 For the promise that he would be the heir of the world was not to Abraham or to his seed through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.
14 For if those who are of the law are heirs, faith is made void and the promise made of no effect,
15 because the law brings about wrath; for where there is no law there is no transgression.

haha. Pastor preached about our righteousness is by faith, amen! hehe. Today pastor talked about verse 15. He shared that when we THINK that God is angry with us, we would not be able to inherit the world. Sin consciousness just wouldn't help.

Ever thought what does it means to feel condemned? Maybe you all know already because all of us are so well-taught and fed. But what I saw was that, when I feel condemned, it means that I THINK that DaddyGod is angry with me and He is disappointed with what I did.

But in actual fact, He isn't~ Because Jesus had paid it all. Jesus had paid the price for those who had fallen short of the mark. That's why on the cross He said "It is finished!"

It's very interesting because I went to check up the word finished and in the greek, it is Teleo (G5055). I love how it is explained in the e-Sword because it is simple and sweet.

G5055 τελέω teleō
tel-eh'-o
From G5056; to end, that is, complete, execute, conclude, discharge (a debt): - accomplish, make an end, expire, fill up, finish, go over, pay, perform.

Now I understand why pastor always use paying a debt as the example for how Jesus' work on the cross is like. Jesus is the Person who paid the debt for us and He is also the Payment that was paid. haha.

Hebrews 7:26-27
26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens;
27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people's, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

:))

margy, let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.